At Métier, we aim to provide exceptional, useful, and fun products for every kind of cook. Our goal is to help people enjoy cooking with great products and helpful knowledge on how to use them. We want to help folks find the right tools for their experience and interest, and we want to find the right home for the beautiful vintage items that we carry.
Like most professional cooks, Todd and Jessica love collecting anything pertaining to cooking and eating. Métier is meant to be a compliment to Lenoir, our small restaurant next door, and focuses on fun and useful local and/or sustainable goods. At Métier we want to bridge the gap between commercial cooking supplies and high-end kitchen tools for the home cook. We may not carry every kitchen item on the market, but we do carry a little something for everyone.
We source items that we use and love for their functional design, durability, and beauty. We may have one excellent representation of a specific type of tool, or we may carry several great versions of it.
- Handmade Japanese, American and Swiss knives, from makers like Misono, Gesshin, Togiharu, Suisin, Victorinox, Kuhn Rikon, Weige, Serenity, and Nenohi Nenox
- New and vintage cookbooks and periodicals such as Fool, Short Stack Editions, Arte Culinaire, So Good, Cherry Bombe, Lucky Peach, and Sugar & Rice, plus a variety of wine maps
- Chef apparel, including men's & women's chef jackets and aprons from Tilit Chef Goods, and aprons and knife bags/rolls from Boldric
- Barware and tools, including Ion Strong glassware, Bormioli Rocca tumblers, and items from Modern Mixologist, Cocktail Kingdom, iSi and more
- Coffee equipment from Kalita, Chemex, AeroPress, and Espro
- A variety of tools for cooking, canning, fermenting and baking
- Vintage cookware and serve ware, from restored Griswold, Wagner, and regional American cast iron skillets and Dutch ovens to mid-century glassware and milk glass (plus lots of cool stuff in between)
- Handmade items from Austin makers, including linens, wood ware, ceramics, and more
Knife Sharpening Service
Bring in your dull knives and we will give them a fine edge. We use a traditional whetstone sharpening method which helps your knife stay sharper, longer. Prices start at $15 per knife, with a two-day turnaround.
Cast Iron Restoration
Bring in your caked-on, rusted-out cast iron, and we will revive them, no matter the condition. Prices start at $25 per piece, with a one-week turnaround.
We offer a variety of monthly workshops and classes, including pie-maker's and knife sharpening (we may not be offering the same classes every month). For information about upcoming classes, or to inquire about private workshops for groups, please visit our events page.
Métier is perfect for bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, and more for small groups of up to 20 people. We also have a lovely side yard that will accommodate cocktail parties, book signings, classes, etc. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a discount to employees of restaurants, bars, catering, and hotels. Due to limited supply, we are not able to offer discounts on vintage items, chef apparel or knives. Starting in 2015, we will only offer discounts on knives one day per quarter. For more information, please call or visit our store.
We are happy to offer store credit for returned items, which will be added to a gift card. Unfortunately, magazines, vintage items, seasonal products, and damaged our used items cannot be refunded. Again, please contact the store for details.
Special Orders & Concierge service
We can source and order any item that we do not carry in-store. If it is not an item we plan to carry in the future, or if the item is very specialized, we require payment in advance of ordering. If you would like help outfitting your home or commercial kitchen & bar, contact us to set up a consultation. We can find just the right tools you need for your style.